How to Measure your Calf
Grab Your Supplies
- Fabric Tape Measurer
- You & Those Great Calves
- A seat where you are able to sit with your feet flat and your knees at a 90° angle.
Measure Your CalvesYou should measure your calf's circumference at your calf's widest point. Please make sure to measure both calves since one may be larger than the other and use the larger measurement to choose your appropriate size range.
Choose Your Size Category!
- Classic Shaft Boots: 14" - 17"
- Wide Shaft Boots: 16" - 19"
- Extra Wide Shaft Boots: 18" - 21"
Wide & Extra Wide Calf Sizes
- Wide Calf Boots – Calf sizes range from 15 3/4″ calf for a size 6M to 19 1/4″ calf for a size 13M.
- Extra Wide Calf Boots – Calf sizes range from 17″ for a size 6M to 21″ for a size 13M.
Our boots come in foot widths ranging from mediums (M) to wide (W) width. The letters next to the shoe size refer to the width of the foot NOT the calf:
- M = Medium (regular) width foot
- W = Wide width foot
Disclaimer: Every wide calf boot already comes manufactured with its own specific calf size and you cannot order a boot with a different calf size than the one shown for that particular style. If the style you are interested in has a smaller or larger calf size than you need for the shoe size you wear, you will need to choose a style in a different calf range. Since we have a very extensive selection of wide and extra wide calf boots, you can be sure to find a style that will come as close to your calf measurements as possible.